Friday, August 9, 2013

Playa Rincon


PLAYA RINCON
The little towns here are amazing- we decided to check out a town close to Pedasi called Mariabe. It was named this because as the legend goes, a blind woman went to the stream and saw a vision of the Virgin Mary and was healed.
You turn right at the faded sign that says Mariabe, turn right at the cute fish sign that says “Playa Rincon", go past the open air bar, take a right at the open rancho (palapa) with the upside down toilet and a gorgeous stretch of beach opens up in front of you! You gasp! I say “Steve- put up a tent- I’m staying”!  (everyone that knows me is saying “yeah right”) Ok, I don’t camp but this is a gorgeous place! No electricity, but I can blow dry my hair using the 12 volt plug in the car!
The beach is directly across from Isla Iguana.
There is a darling tiny green house (about 600 square feet)   I that has a “se vende” sign on it- it’s  mine! I make Steve call and I’m saying “I love it here! I don’t care if it’s  tiny and there’s no electricity- look at that beach."
So we keep going down the road and see this 5,000 square foot home on a knoll overlooking the ocean with a cove to the left and the never-ending beach to the right. Edwardo the carpenter lets us in I’m drooling.. the contracter arno  tells us it is an American and I suspect the construction has been going on for several years with no end in sight.  The kitchen will be over looking Isla Iguana, the master bedroom has what looks to be a five person shower, the beams in the living room are 22 feet tall (not my exaggeration, Steve’s measurements!) eight inch hand tooled supports… so I tell Steve “ I have to live here! I don’t care if the walls aren’t in- maybe you could work on it for the next two years- I can clean the toilets when they come in! Just look at that view!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So what happened next? Did you stay? Find somewhere else? Fell in love with a Cuban? Come on, I was just getting interested in Mariabe & the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete